- Learn to apply current neuroscience and cognitive science research to the development of thinking, self-regulation and social-emotional skills in children and adolescents.
- Learn Cognitive-Physical Activities to improve thinking, self-regulation, learning, and behavior.
- Learn how to improve communication, collaboration, and cooperation in the classroom, in daily life and at home.
- Learn some of the 100 activities for better thinking, self-regulation, learning, and behavior including Musical Thinking, The Thinker, Caveman and Boots, How BIG is My Worry, Building Ponds of Better Behavior, My Elephant Can See For Miles, Planting My Thinking Flower and more.
- Learn the important difference between skill deficits and willful non-compliance.
- Learn the new research on the importance of movement, rhythm, tempo, and timing in learning.
- Get practical strategies, tools, and printables to move around the defensive brain with anxious, angry, sensory-sensitive and intense children.
Popular Speaking Topics
- Musical Thinking: 10 Music and Movement Cognitive Activities to Improve Executive Function and Self-Regulation
- THINK: 20+ Cognitive-Physical Activities for Better Thinking, Learning and Self-Regulation
- Move2THINK: 10 Pre-K to Grade 2 Activities for Improving Executive Function and Self Regulation
- Bloom Your Room – Creating prosocial classrooms with better social-emotional skills
- Spotlight – Learn our visual communication activity that helps us move while we think
Upcoming 2019 Events
Improving Executive Function in the Classroom
In this workshop, Lynne Kenney, Psy.D., pediatric psychologist, author, and international educator, will teach you how to integrate the newest research in neuroscience, kinesiology and education for kids to learn more efficiently. You will discover over 30 developmentally progressive cognitive-exercises, worksheets and activities to enliven your classroom. Learn how to improve cognition, enhance learning and empower children to be better thinkers with motor movement, sequencing, attending, self-regulation and memory activities.
Other Upcoming Public Workshops and Events
June 2019 Portland and Eugene, Oregon
February 2019 Lafayette, Baton Rouge, and New Orleans, Louisiana
January 23-25, 2019 Sacramento and Chico, California
December 5-7, 2018 Wyoming and Colorado
November 14-16, 2018 Minnesota
October 31 – November 2, 2018 New Jersey and Pennsylvania
October 2018 Montreal, Canada
September 2018 London, Paris, Scotland
2018 Workshops and Events
July 2018 Chicago, Illinois
June 2018 New York City
May 2018 Tinley Park, Oakbrook, Arlington Heights – Illinois
April 2018 Las Vegas, Nevada
March 2018 Scottsdale/Phoenix; New York; Los Angeles
February 2018 Texas
January 2018 New York; Los Angeles; Connecticut
Recent LIVE workshops featuring Lynne Kenney, Psy.D.
Enhancing Children’s Cognition with Motor Movement
Patterns, sequencing and motor movement in early education
Improve cognition & learning with music & movement in early education