Ready to help your students, clients, and children learn better cognitive skills?
The Kinetic Classroom is the online professional development platform to improve student thinking skills, learning and self-regulation.
Three courses integrating activities from our four books:
You can dip your foot in with the short 50-75 minutes courses on Executive Function Skill Development Activities, Social-Emotional Learning with Bloom Your Room or DIVE in to the moveTHINK course which includes both mini-courses as well as 30+ 2-20 minute videos, activity manuals, and downloads with the concepts we teach in our executive function in the classroom workshops.
- We can coach children to become more mindfully aware of their cognitive skills to enhance their learning.
- Executive functions are cognitive skills and cognitive skills can be learned.
- When we use the neural pathways associated with specific executive skills such as attention, memory, and inhibition repetitively over time we build those skills.
- We can prime the brain with cognitive-motor skills when engaged in physical activity.
- When we create emotionally safe classroom cultures children learn better.
The moveTHINK Course on The Kinetic Classroom contains 30+ videos of strategies and activities to help your students:
- Use planning and sequencing to successfully execute tasks of daily living
Slow down to encode academic content better
Understand the parts of their attention engine
Use sequencing for better task completion
Use motor timing, tempo and rhythm to engage cognition
Engage with their peers as co-creators of movement patterns and sequences
- Feel empowered as “Best Coaches” of their own brains
With the moveTHINK course you receive our two cognitive-physical activity manuals, THINK and Spotlight and begin engaging your students with thought today.
Here is one of the EF lessons on sequencing.
We build attention, memory, and inhibition when we Move To THINK.
We develop research-based tools, activities, and strategies to improve children’s thinking, self-regulation, learning, and behavior by increasing their executive and social-emotional skill sets. 70 Play Activities (Kenney & Comizio, 2016) provides activities, worksheets, and strategies to teachers, school counselors, and school psychologists to help children learn new #EF and #SEL skills. Our goal is to change the trajectory of children’s learning with joy, empowerment, and respect. Join our motivated community of over 10,000 educators, parents & clinicians and get the news about workshops, activities, and research here.