Pediatric Psychologist Dr. Lynne Kenney provides keynotes, workshops, and online webinars to enhance thinking, self-regulation, learning, and behavior in children (K-8). Bringing neuroscience + kinesiology + education presentations to your door, we provide actionable strategies and activities to build your intervention toolbox by applying current cognitive science to learning and behavior.
Ready to learn right now? You asked, so we did it, we made 12 hours of our content LIVE online to watch anytime anywhere, even on your phone.
Learn how to apply Cultures of Kindness, help children with ADHD, learning difficulties, anxiety & trauma in the #Bloom Brainsmarts online training. The 12-Hour #BloomBrainsmarts Fall 2017 Training is on-demand to watch at your leisure through December 30, 2017. Join us today to apply neuroscience in your classroom for better learning & behavior. Over 30 activities, applied research and 100 pages of handouts for use in your home or work. See the course outline and previews here.
Fill your toolbox with new research-based strategies & activities
- Learn to apply current neuroscience and cognitive science research to the development of thinking, self-regulation and social-emotional skills in children and adolescents.
- Learn Cognitive-Physical Activities to improve thinking, self-regulation, learning, and behavior.
- Learn how to improve communication, collaboration, and cooperation in the classroom, in daily life and at home.
- Learn some of the 100 activities for better thinking, self-regulation, learning, and behavior including Musical Thinking, The Thinker, Caveman and Boots, How BIG is My Worry, Building Ponds of Better Behavior, My Elephant Can See For Miles, Planting My Thinking Flower and more.
- Learn the important difference between skill deficits and willful non-compliance.
- Learn the new research on the importance of movement, rhythm, tempo, and timing in learning.
- Get practical strategies, tools, and printables to move around the defensive brain with anxious, angry, sensory-sensitive and intense children.
Upcoming Public Events – December 13, 2017 is Live Streamed around the world, so our colleagues in the UK, South Africa, China, Scotland and more – Can Attend!
Executive Function in the Classroom: 30 Cognitive-Motor Activities to Improve Attention, Memory & Self-Regulation
Evansville, Indiana November 13, 2017
Carmel, Indiana November 14, 2017
Merrillville, Indiana November 15, 2017
Shelton, Connecticut December 13, 2017
Cromwell, Connecticut December 14, 2017
Warwick, Rhode Island December 15, 2017
View the Brochure HERE
See a sample ACTIVITIES HERE
The slides are READY hope to see you all soon!
Recent LIVE workshops featuring Lynne Kenney, Psy.D.
June 3, 2017
Enhancing Children’s Cognition with Motor Movement
Beijing Sports University
May 11, 2017
The Physical Side of Executive Function: A Moving Strategy
You can WATCH this webinar for FREE http://home.edweb.net/webinars/
EdWeb online 1 hour training with CE
April 24, 2017
Moving with Thought: Helping your children improve cognition and learning with music and movement
Kate’s Cup Northridge Community Church
We develop research-based tools, activities, and strategies to improve children’s thinking, self-regulation, learning, and behavior by increasing their executive and social-emotional skill sets. Bloom (Kenney & Young, 2015) helps parents collaborate and calm their anxious, angry and over-the-top kids building better thinking, coping and relationship skills. 70 Play Activities (Kenney & Comizio, 2016) provides activities, worksheets, and strategies to teachers, school counselors, and school psychologists to help children learn new #EF and #SEL skills.
With great fanfare, September 2017, Thinkerbee brings you, Bloom Your Room, the first social-emotional skill development program delivered as postable art and classroom activities (ages 4-10). In our next project, we integrate over 100 research articles in neuroscience + kinesiology + PE to create The Kinetic Classroom, the online video platform using movement to improve cognition. A warm thank you to the principals, teachers, and students at Tarwater Elementary School and Pinnacle High School and to the teachers at Fred Astaire North Phoenix for helping us bring the activities to life.
Our goal is to change the trajectory of children’s learning with joy, empowerment, and respect. Join our motivated community of over 5000 educators, parents & clinicians and get the news about workshops, activities, and research here. Learn more and see a preview of Bloom Your Room here.