- Learn to apply current neuroscience and cognitive science research to the development of thinking, self-regulation and social-emotional skills in children and adolescents.
- Learn Cognitive-Physical Activities to improve thinking, self-regulation, learning, and behavior.
- Learn how to improve communication, collaboration, and cooperation in the classroom, in daily life and at home.
- Learn some of the 100 activities for better thinking, self-regulation, learning, and behavior including Musical Thinking, The Thinker, Caveman and Boots, How BIG is My Worry, Building Ponds of Better Behavior, My Elephant Can See For Miles, Planting My Thinking Flower and more.
- Learn the important difference between skill deficits and willful non-compliance.
- Learn the new research on the importance of movement, rhythm, tempo, and timing in learning.
- Get practical strategies, tools, and printables to move around the defensive brain with anxious, angry, sensory-sensitive and intense children.
Popular Speaking Topics
- Musical Thinking: 10 Music and Movement Cognitive Activities to Improve Executive Function and Self-Regulation
- THINK: 20+ Cognitive-Physical Activities for Better Thinking, Learning and Self-Regulation
- Move2THINK: 10 Pre-K to Grade 2 Activities for Improving Executive Function and Self Regulation
- Bloom Your Room – Creating prosocial classrooms with better social-emotional skills
- Spotlight – Learn our visual communication activity that helps us move while we think
Upcoming 2018 Events
Executive Function in the Classroom:
30 Cognitive-Motor Activities to Improve Attention, Memory & Self-Regulation
Improving Executive Function in the Classroom
In this workshop, Lynne Kenney, Psy.D., pediatric psychologist, author and international educator, will teach you how to integrate the newest research in neuroscience, kinesiology and education for kids to learn more efficiently. You will discover over 30 developmentally progressive cognitive-exercises, worksheets and activities to enliven your classroom. Learn how to improve cognition, enhance learning and empower children to be better thinkers with motor movement, sequencing, attending, self-regulation and memory activities.
Private School District Upcoming Workshops
January 2018 New York; Los Angeles; Connecticut
February 2018 Texas
March 2018 Scottsdale/Phoenix; New York; Los Angeles
April Las Vegas
Recent LIVE workshops featuring Lynne Kenney, Psy.D.
June 3, 2017
Enhancing Children’s Cognition with Motor Movement
Beijing Sports University, Beijing, China
May 11, 2017
The Physical Side of Executive Function: A Moving Strategy
WATCH this webinar for FREE @ EdWeb online 1 hour training with CE
April 24, 2017
Moving with Thought: Helping your children improve cognition & learning with music & movement
Kate’s Cup Northridge Community Church