Hope you will join us for an action packed 12 hours of online CE January 31, 2017 to March 7, 2017. All the content will be available 24 hours a day so you can take the classes at your leisure.
Wendy and I have been working around the clock preparing powerpoints, videos and activities for teachers, clinicians, and school psychologists to enhance thinking, self-regulation, learning and behavior in schools.
In this 12 hour Bloom Brainsmarts™ online academic series, we apply cognitive, developmental and neuroscientific research to behavior management and learning instruction providing opportunities for administrators, teachers, school psychologists and clinicians to renew your skills, strategies and tools with empirically-informed interventions and activities that enhance social-emotional learning, calm traumatized children and engage struggling learners with strong interpersonal connections.
What You Will Get:
- Over 50 pages of printable activities, pdfs and strategy sheets for use in your classroom, clinic or office
- Printable copies of the Bloom Mantras, our THINK cards, the Attention Engine Poems, The Love Notes (for memory enhancement) and activity sheets for use with your students and clients
- 12 hours of presentation materials filled with research, strategies, tools and activities
What You’ll Learn:
- How to better cope with anxiety, trauma, grief, inattention and anger in the classroom
- New research-based activities to improve “precursor” skills such as core executive functions, internal calming skills and social-emotional skills that are central to educating struggling students
- How to get out of “The Discipline Trap” and into happier, healthier classrooms where children require less management as they grow to be better thinkers and managers of their own minds and bodies
- 25+ Thinking Skill, Learning, Self-Regulation and Behavior Activities including “Let Me Think About That” “What’s In It For Me” “The Purpose Circle” “Sequence This” “My Attention Engine” “We Encode Slowly, We Retrieve Quickly” “The Love Notes” and more
- Enhance previewing, planning, sequencing and problem-solving for better academic and homework success
- Improve social-emotional literacy with key core social-interactive skills
- Build a healthier “What we say, think and do” community of leaders, educators and learners