When you think about teaching children about Executive Functions what comes to mind?
- Do you imagine playing games like Spotlight to help you “Move with Thought”?
- Do you imagine teaching children what their attention cycle is and how to “coach” their brains to recognize when they “Drift”?
- Do you imagine helping children sequence the steps to completing their morning routines?
- Do you imagine having “Cognitive Conversations” about what executive functions are and when students use them?
- Do you imagine bouncing a playground ball to help children encode their spelling words?
This is the Resource Page for our Workshop Attendees to Build Your Tool-Kits with Over 100 Activities, Strategies & Research To Improve Cognition, Learning, Self-Regulation & Behavior – Click-through to learn and enjoy
The Kinetic Classroom: Improve Learning with Cognitive Skills + Movement
Spotlight – Our FUN Visual-Cognitive-Motor Game
70 Play Activities For Better Thinking, Self-Regulation, Learning & Behavior
Bloom & Bloom Your Room
Here is how to have the Cognitive Conversation about Attention
EF Tips You are Invited to Grab and Use in Your Work – Click on image for the FREE downloadable 15 Page PDF
More Resources to help you:
ACTIVATE – the computer game that builds executive skills
We develop research-based tools, activities, and strategies to improve children’s thinking, self-regulation, learning, and behavior by increasing their executive and social-emotional skill sets. Bloom (Kenney & Young, 2015) helps parents collaborate and calm their anxious, angry and over-the-top kids building better thinking, coping and relationship skills. 70 Play Activities (Kenney & Comizio, 2016) provides activities, worksheets, and strategies to teachers, school counselors, and school psychologists to help children learn new #EF and #SEL skills. With great fanfare, September 2017, Thinkerbee brings you, Bloom Your Room, the first social-emotional skill development program delivered as postable art and classroom activities (ages 4-10). In The Kinetic Classroom, we integrate over 100 research articles in neuroscience + kinesiology + PE to create the online video platform using movement to improve cognition.
Our goal is to change the trajectory of children’s learning with joy, empowerment, and respect. Join our motivated community of over 5000 educators, parents & clinicians and get the news about workshops, activities, and research here.